Friday, January 23, 2009
Grace in Small Things - Day 3 of 344 - Grace of a Body
Despite the whole Be Phat not Fat by 40 kick I am on, I want to be clear that I don't hate my body... in fact, here are 5 reasons I'm quite keen on myself:
1. Babies. This body carried 2 healthy and strong and lovely babies into this world.
2. Brain Power. Made me smart enough to realize that our family needed our EvaJun.
3. Eyes. I think I have nice eyes. Can't see worth squat and am just about legally blind without contact lenses, but still, nice eyes.
4. Connection. All those physical traits that are passed down... the older I get the more I see (good and bad) of the women before me.
5. Heart. This wonky turncoat of a heart... it took me awhile to accept it's new strength... and now, whenever I hear my Swatchwatch of a tick, I know I am blessed.