Hold onto your hats Internet, my oldest child, Jake, is 12 today.
In honor of my firstborn's birthday, I give you... 12 Things You Wanted To Know About Jake But Were Afraid To Ask.
1. Jake's due date was December 7 (Pearl Harbor Day) but the little darling showed up early.
2. The child has curly hair and long eyelashes... he would have a been a beautiful girl but is an even more handsome boy.
3. He hated to be put down... he also hated strollers, slings, baby bjorns, and bouncy seats.
4. After his first day of pre-school he came home and told me all about the "Big Snap" (complete with attempted snapping motion) which, it turns out, meant the "Big Bang".
5. He used to call firetrucks "fireshoes".
6. He's been surfing since he was 4.
7. Which means he is pretty good.
8. Jake takes after me in that he is an avid and voracious reader. He takes after Hugh with his love of watches, fishing and 80's movies.
9. Everyone calls him, "Jake Fast".
10. Except us. We usually call him, "Dale".
11. The child loves to travel. He is trying to figure out a career that will jet him all over the world... pro surfer? Pilot? International Man of Mystery?
12. He has a kind heart, a quick wit and gives the best hugs. He is my firstborn and I love him.