Friday, March 14, 2008

Librarian!

You all remember last week when I told you about the personality test I was dangerous close to failing?

Well, the results are in and guess what?  I'm a man!

Or, at least I scored a personality seen almost exclusively in men.

Awesome.

But, along with "manly" occupations like bank manager, accountant and private investigator (hello!) I am also thought ideal for High Ranking Military Official in the WOMEN'S CORPS.

Clearly this test hasn't been updated since WWII... but, please feel free to salute me...

However, and here is the fun part - I am a mere 1 pt. away from a completely different personality with the exception of being a clear introvert.  With the swipe of an eraser I could become "feeling" and "sensory" and then I could be a woman again and qualify for "girly" jobs like teacher or mommy  or exotic dancer.

Can I just say I am glad I didn't pay for this?

* edited to add... I am not poking fun at any of the aforementioned occupations (well, except for High Ranking Military Official)... I just got a kick out of the stereotyping - women can be teachers and librarians and men can work with big numbers... obviously, this test was wayyyy out of date!

12 comments:

Sarah said...

Maybe you could live a high concept TV character life and be a private investigator by day and an exotic dancer by night. Between shifts you could be a devoted mom (or dad).

Anonymous said...

Women's Corp? As in the Army? Maybe you could be a WAC!

snort.

Just what year was this test written?

dgm said...

I would have said favoring mercy over justice would render you a woman, but maybe your other answers were manly. I know that I am totally a gay man trapped inside a woman's body.

Kristin said...

dgm - I think it was based on my "non-reactive" approach... which, I might add, I've totally worked on achieving!

Anon - No kidding! A WAC or a WAVE with a smart little skirt!

Sarah O. - Like Baywatch! Only at a bar and with a chubby 38 year old instead of hot 20-somethings...

carrie said...

My favorite Aunt was/is a librarian (once at the Library of Congress) and she is verah verah cool.

Just so you know! :)

Kristin said...

Carrie - I almost majored in Library Science so your Auntie is one of my people!

Shelley said...

Might be kinda fun to take this test drunk. :)

Kristin said...

Shell - I felt drunk taking it!

furiousBall said...

It's cool if I have a second job that I dress up like a female librarian right? That's totally normal right?

C's Mom said...

Hah...yep....I rated as a 'mannish' one too when I was 'tested' years ago. I am quite comfortable in my femimasculinity these days.

Pollyanna said...

oh good lord. It sounds like you are no closer to your dream career than I am. *sigh* I really wanted to be a librarian when I first went to college, until I found out I would have to go college for almost as long as a doctor, and then I totally changed my mind. UGH. Now I am just stuck in a job that I hate about 50% of the time.

Los said...

I think these personality tests are invalid, because I bet things can changed depending on your mood, the time of day, etc.