Friday, January 20, 2012

And Then I Blogged About It...

Every six months I take Jack to the cardiologist for a check up (which means roughly every five months and 29-30ish days I am in a terrible stressy mood and have to drink three glasses of wine or I am a beast) and so far, every six months have come with the very good news of, "No change." Now, with a situation that will not get better or improve, "no change" is absolutely what you want. However, the older Jack gets the greater the odds are that the message will become, "Some change" and eventually, "Change" and when that day comes my boy will need to have his pulmonary valve replaced (and I will need more than three glasses of wine). The goal here is to try and get him to the end of the growth spurt which is roughly age 18-21 which, for those of you doing the math, is at least five more years, or ten more visits, or thirty glasses of wine (6.5 bottles).

You're welcome, California wine industry.

Fortunately, Jack is awesome and healthy and right on track and there are some massive improvements with the sheer invasive-ness of the surgery he will need and so it isn't the type of thing I need to obsess about more than twice a year... but obsess I do and after every appointment I breathe a huge sigh of relief and then I go and purchase something stupid.

Today I bought a jumpsuit from the Kardashian Kollection.

Jumpsuit. Kardashian. Kollection with festive "K".

I love it. From the faux wrap top to the drawstring waist to the, wait for it, gathered ankles, I adore the damn thing and, as I have declared on Facebook (the Bible of social media), once it arrives I will take and photoshop a picture of me for your viewing judgement pleasure in all my jumpsuit wearing horror/awzumness.

And honestly, trying on a damn jumpsuit and modeling it for my kid who just got a clean bill of health and having him call me Mugatu is exactly the kind of laugh I need every six months.



9 comments:

Sarah F. Owens said...

I've said it before and I'll say it again: Kristin, you are insanely funny.

Gorgeous, brilliant and funny. If you weren't so damn awesome, I'd have to hate you.

Kristin said...

Sarah - it's the mustache isn't it... don't be jealous, it's a free app. xx

cblitzed said...

If anyone can rock a Kardashian jumpsuit you can- after all two of your intials are KK!

Ninotchka said...

A ha ha, Mugatu. Love that kid! Glad it's still good news, darling. Love & miss you, always! xo

babsy said...

Agree with Sarah F. Owens. You are too funny for your jumpsuit, Kristin Kardashian-Fashion-Keegan-Fast!

Erian said...

OK...I kinda wondered about the jumpsuit when you first posted it...now I totally get it! You buy anything you want girl every 6 months and I'd drink some wine with you if I was there! Glad to hear you can rest easy for another 5 and half months or so...hi to all...
Cheers from Canada,
Erian

Mary said...

Awesome news on Jack's health, Kristin! And you are my guru for transforming stress into humor!

ditzymoi said...

Hope you and the family are doing fantastic ! I miss your updates and your outlook on life ...oh and that sense of humor too! *hugs*

Anonymous said...

Halo,I'm Helena Julio from Ecuador,I want to talk good about Le_Meridian Funding Service on this topic.Le_Meridian Funding Service gives me financial support when all bank in my city turned down my request to grant me a loan of 500,000.00 USD, I tried all i could to get a loan from my banks here in Ecuador but they all turned me down because my credit was low but with god grace I came to know about Le_Meridian so I decided to give a try to apply for the loan. with God willing they grant me  loan of 500,000.00 USD the loan request that my banks here in Ecuador has turned me down for, it was really awesome doing business with them and my business is going well now. Here is Le_Meridian Funding Investment Email/WhatsApp Contact if you wish to apply loan from them.Email:lfdsloans@lemeridianfds.com / lfdsloans@outlook.comWhatsApp Contact:+1-989-394-3740.